Thursday, April 7, 2011

TO MOUSSE OR NOT TO MOOSE THAT IS THE QUESTION

To Mousse or not to Moose that is the Question
Dan and I started dating in the 70’s when the afro hairstyle was all the rage.  One of the things that attracted me to my husband was his natural curly hair and he donned his afro in a very hot way.  He could have opened a hair salon, called it; “Curls R Us” and been the mascot.  Shortly after we married that style went by the wayside and for the next thirty years he kept his hair very short.  However, the last six months he decided to grow his hair out again revealing those gorgeous curls.  Each morning I get a real kick out of styling his hair.  Dan’s only complaint is; “you put so much mousse in my hair, I will never have to wear a hard hat again”.  When he said that I just cracked up because it reminded me of another moose.  One of Dan’s favorite sayings is; “you wanna moose around?”  We have a coffee cup that became a part of our collection more than thirty years ago.  The outside of the cup has a picture of a male moose hanging onto a tree.  On the inside of the cup is a female moose, lips smooched with the inscribed words; WANNA MOOSE AROUND?  Hum, I wonder does this give a whole new meaning to; you wanna moose around?”  Yes, we have sex and lots of it.  You may be wondering why on earth I would reveal such an intimate detail of our marriage. 
Dan has his PhD. In Christian Marriage and Family Therapy, including board certification in sexual therapy.  We have counseled with a staggering amount of Christian couples who have dysfunction in the sexual aspect of their marriage.  Sex truly is a gift from God reserved for husband and wife, to be enjoyed and treasured.
But my lover wouldn't take no for an answer,
   and the longer he knocked, the more excited I became.
I got up to open the door to my lover,
   sweetly ready to receive him,
Desiring and expectant
   as I turned the door handle. (Song of Solomon 5:4-6a)

For more information about sex and intimacy be sure to check out the book WE PROMISE.  To be released to a bookstore near you summer of 2011.
www.lightdawns.org              

No comments:

Post a Comment