Saturday, April 30, 2011

ROYAL KISS ~ HONEYMOON DELAYED

The magic moment every wedding guest waits for ~ the KISS.  The kiss is at the end of the wedding ceremony and it almost gives you the impression that it seals the deal. Every bride waits with anticipation for that moment wondering just how her groom will display his love for her in front of the witnesses. I still to this day remember that moment when Dan kissed me.  I thought yes; all my dreams will come true.  I truly felt like royalty that very moment, just as every young woman does.
We married on Saturday April 29th and on Monday it was back to work for both of us.  I was very disappointed not being able to experience a honeymoon immediately after the wedding, as would any young bride.  Ten years later Dan and I would finally be able to have our honeymoon.  I must say it was well worth the wait for we spent a week in beautiful Hawaii and loved every moment of it.
When we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, Lord and King it’s like the kiss a bride experiences on her wedding day.  The kiss is a promise of many more intimate moments to come in our relationship.  A promise that if we are sincere participants of this relationship it will deepen and grow with each passing moment, month and year.  A promise of a deeper knowledge, wisdom and revelation of our beloved.
Sometimes as believers I think we His bride are experiencing a delayed honeymoon.  But I guarantee our honeymoon will happen.  Our King has promised we are going to experience the honeymoon of all honeymoons!
Just as I had to make preparations for my delayed honeymoon with Dan, we the Bride of Christ must make ourselves ready for the honeymoon of all centuries.  In Revelations 19:7b it says; For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.
We have been given advance notice, however many of us are not prepared and the Bible says:
(Mat 22:8 NIV)  "Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come.
(Mat 22:14 NIV)  "For many are invited, but few are chosen."
(Mat. 7:21-23 NIV)  "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
Have you accepted the kiss of salvation?  Are you prepared for the honeymoon of a lifetime?  Some of us are and others are not; there is a promise for both:
(Rev 21:6-8 NIV)  He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
Oh yes, the King is coming!
(1 Tim 6:15 NKJV)  which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
(Rev 19:11-17 NKJV)  Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the supper of the great God,



For more information on spiritual growth:
Read chapter nine; A LOYAL HEART AND A WILLING MIND from:  WE PROMISE ~ released summer of 2011 to a bookstore near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment