Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BLURRED VISION

BLURRED VISION
Several years ago Dan and I checked-in at the airport.  With the boarding passes in my hand Dan asked me what terminal we were leaving from.  I promptly gave him the letter and number.  He began to study the terminal board and again asked; “what terminal did you say we were leaving from?  At my response he stopped an airport employee and asked for the terminal I had told him.  The employee’s response was, “sir that is not a terminal here”.  Dan quickly rips the boarding passes out of my hand and tells me to put my glasses on.  Unfortunately several years ago I needed glasses due to the fact that when I tried to read my vision was blurry.  Now you must understand I hate to wear glasses, it is so annoying.  However, I continue to make mistakes because I refuse the aid of the glasses that give me clear vision (Dan can attest to that).
That is what the enemy does to us as believers.  He (satan) blurs our vision causing deception to occur.  Instead of us seeing the truth clearly; we are refusing the aid of the Holy Word of God that will give us clear spiritual vision to see the truth.  We think things are just fine when in reality we are truly deceived.  I can attest to the fact that there have been times in my life when I thought I knew a truth, to find out latter down the road my spiritual vision had been blurred or even blinded. 
Certain issues or things in our lives can block us from having clear spiritual vision:
Lack of knowledge; Hosea 4:6 (NKJV) says; My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.
He shall die for lack of instruction, And in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray. (Proverbs 5:23 NKJV)
The lips of the righteous feed many, But fools die for lack of wisdom. (Proverbs 10:21 NKJV) 
Solution:
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (Matthew 6:33 NKJV) 
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. (Matthew 7:7 NKJV) 
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5 NKJV) 
Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law. (Proverbs 29:18 NKJV) 
Then the LORD answered me and said: "Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry. (Habakkuk 2:2-3 NKJV) 
Sin:
When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; Even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. Your hands are full of blood. "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil, Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow. "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"; For the mouth of the LORD has spoken. (Isaiah 1:15-20 NKJV) 
But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear. (Isaiah 59:2 NKJV) 
Solution:   True repentance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. (Matthew 24:24 NKJV)
© 2011
Please note; the blogs I am writing do not contain excerpts from WE PROMISE.
For more about; knowledge, wisdom, sin and repentance obtain a copy of; WE PROMISE at a bookstore near you, this summer.  Check out the chapter:  A LOYAL HEART AND A WILLING MIND.


No comments:

Post a Comment