Thursday, April 21, 2011

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW ~ IT'S FRIDAY BUT SUNDAY IS COMING

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW
I have this problem.  No matter how many times I read something I write I cannot find the mistakes.  I know what I wanted to say and that is how I read it.  I need another set of eyes to edit what I write so the mistakes are found.  The funny thing is my daughter was supposed to edit WE PROMISE before I ever sent it off to publishers.  Due to the fact that my daughter knows me so well, she anticipated what I was going to say and did not catch many of the mistakes either.  Her major was in English and I felt fairly confident she would set me straight.  Then there was my husband who also was given the job of reading over the manuscript, to my dismay those who were close to me did not take this project seriously until a couple of offers came in from publishing companies.  I think we were all shocked, especially me.  The thing is I did not plan on writing a book.  I was consolidating material I had accumulated over the last several years while we had been teaching pre-marriage and counseling couples in marital crisis.  After completion of this manual I had the idea of; maybe someone would want to publish this.  Once we signed a contract my husband kicked it into overdrive and spent hundreds of hours scrutinizing the manuscript.  Dan actually has read WE PROMISE more than I have (giant kudos to you my love).  I also must acknowledge several others dear friends lent their eyes as well. 
I think I could now write a book on; how not to write a book (that is something to think about, book number two ~ HOW NOT TO WRITE A BOOK).  I must admit writing blogs is much funnier.  Although I want these blogs to be written well I am not worried about excellence.  I have started book number two (I really should be working on that right now instead of writing this) but I am telling you, it just is not as fun as writing a blog.
Back to my problem.
When I think about my problem of not seeing my mistakes I can easily relate this to my walk as a believer.  Sometimes it just takes an outside observer to set you straight and point out where you are blindsided. 
According to the Word of God:
(Proverbs 27:17 NKJV)  As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
Our brothers and sisters in Christ truly are needed in our life, they help keep us on track and spur us on in the Lord.
(Hebrews 10:23-25 NKJV)  Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.  And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
Friday seemed to be a day of darkness.  The followers of Jesus were blindsided, they really did not understand what was going on, but when Sunday came ~ light displaced all the darkness and resurrection truth burst forth on the scene ~ setting the captives free from darkness!
Sunday is Easter and this is one Sunday where many people will attend churches that do not have regular church attendance.  May the resurrection power of the Lord Jesus Christ be ever so evident in our churches this Sunday and may we spur each other onto excellence in the Lord.  Lord grant us clear vision to see you in your Holy fullness.
It’s Friday But Sunday is Coming (Tony Campolo)



No comments:

Post a Comment