Friday, April 8, 2011

FLIP FLOPS

FLIP FLOP DAY

Last night I woke up and I was reminded of a picture one of my friends posted on Facebook.  The picture was of a sign that Krissa took while on vacation.  Dan and I are LAKERS to the fullest measure and our kind of weather is hot, sunny and dry.  If my husband had his way we would sell everything and move south, allowing us to be on a permanent Caribbean vacation.  We live on an inland lake in Michigan and I have told him there is no way I am moving unless I have a waterfront house…..so I guess we will have to settle for three months of sunny and warm instead of twelve.  Back to the sign.  It read:  Dear Lord, Let This Be A Flip Flop Day     ………..   As soon as I read this post I immediately replied and told Krissa she had my permission to rip that sign off, I wanted it (just kidding).  Dan and I would love for the only shoes in our closet to be flip flops!
After I woke up, lying in bed I began to think about this sign.  I felt the Lord had a message for me and you.  Many of us live our lives in a flip flop state.  The Bible says in James:
(James 1:6-8 NKJV)  But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
So many times in my life I have wrestled with circumstances praying; “Lord do not let me flip flop, keep me steadfast in you”. 
Today I challenge us as believers; dig into God’s Word.  The only way we will be steadfast is if we have a rock solid foundation in the truth of the Word of God.  When trials come and they will (James 1:2-5), if we build up our inner man upon the Word of God nothing will be able to shake us.  We will not flip flop for our confidence and peace will be in Christ Jesus.
(Psa 112:7 NKJV)  He will not be afraid of evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
(1 Cor 15:58 NKJV)  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
(2 Cor 1:7 NKJV)  And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.

(Col 1:23 NKJV)  if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.
(Heb 6:19 NKJV)  This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil,
Today I declare for me; flip flops are for my feet, not my mind, soul or spirit!  And may everyday be a hot sunny flip flop day…please Lord!

http://www.lightdawns.org/
May the Lord keep you in His never ending love,


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this. I was searching flip flops and came upon your post. I love the 1 Cor 15:58 verse! May God bless your day!

    ReplyDelete