Wednesday, March 21, 2012

CATCHING FISH

CATCHING FISH

The son-in-laws will be elated to know that by the end of today the fishing boat is ready and waiting.  I personally do not fish.  My son-in-laws are well aware…they catch them, clean them, I cook them - eat them. The majority of the time they catch and release but if I really prod them, they will catch perch for a fish fry.  A lot of work has to be done before the fishing can begin and in addition to that, they did not become skilled fishermen on the first cast.
In Matthew and Mark – Jesus has called us to follow after Him and He will make us fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19(NKJV)
Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” 


Luke 5:10(NKJV)
and so also were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid. From now on you will catch men.” 


All of us have been given different talents and temperaments. 
Just as it takes different lures to catch different fish; so it is when we are seeking to tell others about the salvation message, the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Different types of believers are used to lure different types of lost souls…we are all needed in the body of Christ.
1 Corinthians 9:19(NKJV)
For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 


1 Corinthians 9:22(NKJV)
to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 

Proverbs 11:30(NKJV)
    The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,      And he who wins souls is wise.


Daniel 12:3(NKJV)
    Those who are wise shall shine     Like the brightness of the firmament,     And those who turn many to righteousness      Like the stars forever and ever.

Let’s shine as stars as we catch fish.


Just as this is a work in progess, so are we and the fish we are endeavoring to catch.

Rev. Scott Visser has written a study on becoming fishers of men.  Click the link below for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment