Friday, January 27, 2012

AT LAST

AT LAST

The older Dan and I become it seems the less emphasis we have placed on our birthdays.  However, I woke up early this morning with a realization of how special this day was 57 years ago.  The love of my life made his grand entrance into this world, and if that had not happened I would have missed out of an enduring love.  Today I will practice what we preach.  You see, we tell couples who we are counseling in pre-marriage or marriage to celebrate special days together and never forget a birthday.  Everyone should be celebrated at least one day a year.  Consider the fact that there are 365 days a year and what can potential happen in 365 days … at least one of those should be special for each of us.

I dug out our wedding album; the one I put together after “Creative Memories” came on the scene.  I was flipping through this album for the perfect picture of Dan that I could scan, crop and post on Facebook.  Now you must understand I do not have an artist bone in my body so this attempt at scrapbooking is a “C” at best.  Do to the fact that I am not real artistic I had saved all of our wedding cards we had received for our wedding and used them in our wedding album to help decorate it.   I must confess when I am given a card I read it, but I cannot say I always reflect on the words written on the card, unless those words were written by the giver of the card.  Wedding cards may just be one of those cards that get overlooked by the bride and groom.  Most likely they received tons of cards, there is so much activity going on as they prepare for the wedding, the wedding day itself, a whirlwind honeymoon and bang life has begun.

I have no idea who gave us this wedding card to us because I cut out the poem inside of it to use in our wedding album and threw away the rest.  The words are worth sharing with you today and were penned by Robert Graves.

Then love me more than dearly, love me wholly,
Love me with no weighing of circumstance,
As I am pledged in honor to love you;
With no weakness, with no speculation
On what might happen should you and I prove less
Than bringers to be of our own certainty.
Neither was born by hazard; each foreknew
The extreme possession we are grown into.

Yes, it is true none of us are born by hazard or mistake.  

Psalms 139:13-14(NKJV)
For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.


Jeremiah 1:5(NKJV)
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”


Happy Birthday my love, the Lord knew what He was doing, and I at last have a love that is a thrilling dream!!




No comments:

Post a Comment