Monday, January 2, 2012

ANGRY BIRDS

ANGRY BIRDS
In August Dan and I entered the world of Smart phones.  Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know we are somewhat behind.  This happened only after my husband continued to prod me to upgrade.  I am the “Queen of Thrift” and my philosophy is, if it ain’t broke you don’t fix it.  Finally he convinced me I was losing business because I do not text and potential customers were falling through the cracks of the communication grid.
So now that I understand what an “APP” is my daughter told me I must download “Angry Birds”.  This sounded creepy to me because I remembered the 1963 thriller movie, The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock.  In this movie flocks of birds began to attack people for no apparent reason.  So I downloaded “Angry Birds”, those colorful crazy animated birds and I thought to myself, this looks like a child’s game.
I have attempted several times to play “Angry Birds” and have been stuck at the same level ever since I downloaded the game.  No matter what strategy I come up with, I still cannot pass a certain level.
All of this got me to thinking about how anger does that to us in real life.  Anger keeps us stuck.  In fact it will invade every area of our life destroying each part little by little.  This may creep in slowly so we do not realize what has really transpired and how this “angry bird” has built its nest in our life hatching more angry birds.  Just like in the game, eventually that bird is launched and it will destroy the target it was intended for.  The enemy (the devil) has one plan according to John 10:10a (NKJV), The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
The Bible tells us in Ephesians 4:26, “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, …Now that is a tall order because most of us believe we have the right to be angry, especially when someone has caused an offense against us.  We want to take matters into our own hands and make sure justice prevails at any cost.  We are ready to duke it out!  However, this will never bring the results we truly desire and if we can just get past ourselves the Lord has a much better way.  Hebrews 10:30 (NKJV) declares; For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”   
Have you ever seen an angry person having fun or happy?  Of course not; all of their energy is consumed by anger (it takes a lot of energy to stay angry).  Anger is such a joy stealer.  Sometimes you just need to let it go.

Disclaimer:  if you are a victim of domestic violence seek help immediately, do not delay.  For more information on domestic violence go to this website but do not access from your home computer if you are living with an abuser.  www.abigails.org
Domestic violence is a very serious misunderstood matter, this type of violence and anger should never be tolerated.  Safety is paramount for women and children, please seek help from your local YWCA or call 211 from a land phone line.

No comments:

Post a Comment