Friday, July 29, 2011

Aromatherapy

AROMATHERAPY
We hear a tremendous amount about aromatherapy.  When I “googled” the word, it gave me 39,200,000 results to choose from.  Take a walk through the mall and you will surely pass by a specialty store selling aromatherapy.  No longer is this solely reserved for the specialty stores.  Kohls, JCPenney, Meijers, Walmart, they all have sections dedicated to the sense of smell. 
Did you know the Bible talks about aromatherapy?  There is great importance placed on aroma. 

Dan and I lived in a small ranch when we were first married.  Our three daughters started their lives out in that little house and that is where they gave their hearts to Jesus.  We sold our first home after seven years to another family with three children.  A few years after selling the house, we attended a wedding at our former church.  Pastor B. informed us that the family who bought our house ~ their children came to Vacation Bible School and accepted Jesus as their Savior.  The next day as I was reading my Bible I ran across the following verses:

(2 Cor 2:14-16 NKJV)  Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.  For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.  To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life.  And who is sufficient for these things?
After I finished reading the passage, the Lord impressed upon my heart a truth I had never considered before and I was brought to tears.  This is what I felt the Lord said to me; “All of your daughters accepted Me as their Savior in that house.  A spirit of salvation was left there to linger, causing a wooing.  I was overwhelmed, and realized just how important it is to continual bathe in the Word and presence of God.  No matter what we do or where we go, something is left to linger!
 (Eph 5:1-2 NKJV)  Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
(Phil 4:18 NKJV)  Indeed I have all and abound.  I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God.
(Ezek 20:41 NKJV)  "I will accept you as a sweet aroma when I bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you have been scattered; and I will be hallowed in you before the Gentiles.
(2 Cor 3:4-6 NKJV)  And we have such trust through Christ toward God.  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

No comments:

Post a Comment