Friday, December 9, 2011

MUNK UP!! I suppose you have a better idea Smart Guy!!

MUNK UP!!
I suppose you have a better idea Smart Guy!!


Alvin, Theodore, Simon…once again will make their debut on the big screen.  I talked Dan into going to the first two movies with me; Alvin & The Chipmunks ~ Get Your Squeak On, and The Squeakquel.   How could I resist, I just had to see the adorable talking chippies?  Childhood memories of the munks flooded my mind because I loved watching them every Saturday morning.  The first movie he thought was cute; however, after he watched The Squeakquel, Dan reassured me he was truly declaring war on the chipsters. 

The cute little furry friends have gnawed their way through parts of our deck and no longer does cute describe them according to Dan.  I will spare you the details as to how he has waged war on the chipsters, as for me I guarantee you I will be sure to watch Chip Wrecked opening week at the local movie theater, even if I have to go by myself.

How can something so stinkin’ cute cause so much destruction?  Well they certainly get themselves into plenty of trouble on the movie screen, but you can walk out the door realizing…it was only a movie.   Real life sets in ~ with the deck dilemma and no matter what I say Dan wants a munk free environment!

Sometimes life is like that, we get sucked in by the cute seemly innocent outside package and before you know it; I Had A Bad Day.   The bad day can come in many different forms, from simple distractions that get us side tracked to full blown sin.  It may also come from the kind of nuts we may have been storing.  Several years ago after watching, Get Your Squeak On the following occurred:

Last night I woke up from a deep sleep around 12:30am with Alvin & The Chipmunk’s rendition of the song I Had A Bad Day running though my brain.  The harder I tried the less successful I was at getting the lyrics and tune out of my brain.  I remember the first time I heard the song, I Had A Bad Day, my then three year old granddaughter was singing it in the back seat of my car.  Since I do not listen to the radio stations which air that particular song, I was unaware of it.  My response to my granddaughter was; Oh, Princess Angel Baby (that is what I call my granddaughter) you should be singing, I had a good day.  At which time I endeavored to assist her to change the words.  Of course my granddaughter being the scholar that she is, informed me; oh no, Nana it’s “I Had A Bad Day” and she was quite adamant about that fact.  Little did I know but this had become my granddaughter’s favorite song.  As I lay awake in bed I began to wonder how such a catchy tune could have such disheartening lyrics. I realized it was the tune my granddaughter was attracted to, not the words.

 Now my brain is wide awake, I roll over look at the clock and it is 1:30am!  The creative brain that I have (not) began to think about how the Chipmunks were stuffing “nuts” down the tree trunk as they sang “I Had A Bad Day”.  This made me think about how we as people store “nuts” in our trunks.  Many of us have trunks full of junkie nuts!  Instead of storing “nuts” we would be much better off storing the golden nuggets of the promises of the Word of the Lord and His plans, purposes and guidelines for our lives.  How do these “nuts” get stored in us?  It is the same way the song was lodged in my mind, through repetition.  In the Word of God we are encouraged to think on: (Phil 4:8 NKJV)  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy; meditate on these things.  We must take our thoughts captive according to (2 Cor .10:5). It is also revealed in the Word that we will reap what we sow (Gal.6:7).  So, if we sow “nuts”, that is exactly what we will reap.  I think it may be time for us to shake our trunks and get the “nuts” out of us.  Then begin to fill and replace those “nuts” with golden nuggets.  The Bible says in Matthew 6:21 “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also”.  It also says “…out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks” (Mt. 12:34).  I certainly want an abundance of good days!

My brain is now at this time burning the midnight oil and much to my dismay it is 4:00am.  However I did manage to accomplish how I was going to rewrite the song, “I Had A Bad Day”.  I decided the tune is happy and deserves happy words to go with it.  I am personally boycotting “bad days” and replacing them with “I Had Glad Day”!

The following is my rendition of, “I Had A Glad Day”.  :
There is a moment we’re looking to seize.
We step out in faith and we choose to believe. 
They say my blue skies fade to grey
They say my passion could go away
And I don’t need no discouragement
You stand firm in line and you won’t hit a low
You put on your smile and get a coffee to go
You tell me your life has stayed on line
No need to fall to pieces at anytime
And I don’t need no discouragement
Cause you had a glad day
You’re stepping one up
You sing a glad song as you travel along
You can look to your right
You can look to your left
You put on a smile and you go for a ride
You had a glad day
The camera don’t lie
You’re stepping one up and your staying in line
You had a glad day
You had a glad day

Have a Glad Day!!!    Penny



No comments:

Post a Comment