Friday, November 25, 2011

THE ROADRUNNER and Black Friday

THE ROADRUNNER and Black Friday
A few days ago the image of the Roadrunner and the Coyote popped into my head.  My mind began to contemplate this old cartoon that Dan and I grew up with.  Soon reruns of the Coyote trying to sabotage the Roadrunner dominated my mind. 
Today day is Black Friday and I couldn’t help but think if you were just observing and not taking part in this shopping race, the potential fiasco would be like watching the Roadrunner and Wile E Coyote.  Those involved in this maddening race are hoping they will be like the Roadrunner and not be duped by the Coyote (other shoppers, the enemy).
Our daughter’s look forward to this day with great anticipation of obtaining fabulous treasured jewels.  They have been planning out their strategy as soon as the deals started appearing online and finished preparation once the newspaper ads came out.  Their planning is very intense.  They have mapped out to the finest detail where they will start at what time, and what department in the store they will go to first.  There is a priority to all of this down to their very last stop.  They even planned what type of clothing to wear and running shoes is a must, this is very serious business for them.  I am certain by the time I post this blog they will have finished their shopping race and be back in bed sleeping off the exhausting warfare of shopping (like most of you).
The Lord impressed upon me some spiritual truths from this old cartoon and Black Friday.
The enemy the devil (that old coyote) is relentlesss in his endeavors of trying to trap and deceive us. He will stop at nothing to sabotage (don’t turn your back on those carts, what’s in them is a free for all) our efforts as we run this race of life.  In fact the Bible says;  1 Peter 5:8(NKJV) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.  More revelation is brought forth in these two scriptures:

Psalms 22:13(NKJV)
    They gape at Me with their mouths,     Like a raging and roaring lion.

Ezekiel 22:25(NKJV)
The conspiracy of her prophets in her midst is like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured people; they have taken treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in her midst. 
You see the devil doesn’t just want to mess us up; he wants to shred us to pieces and kill us.
The one thing that will entrap us faster than anything else is sin.  Cain was caught in that trap as revealed in; Genesis 4:6-7(NKJV) So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen?  If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

We are not left helpless.
·         Have faith in Christ blood.  Revelation 12:11(NKJV)
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 
·         Be prepared in spiritual warfare.  Ephesians 6:11-18(NKJV)
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 
Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 
and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 
above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 
praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—
·         Prayer, there is no substitute.  Matthew 6:13(NKJV)  And do not lead us into temptation,     But deliver us from the evil one.      For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

We have a promise;  1 John 4:4(NKJV) You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 
You are in a race that will one day have its finish line within sight…do not stop short or grow weary.  Be well prepared (many people will put more time and effort into their plans for shopping on Black Friday then they will in studying the Word of God and running the race He has asked us to run).
Acts 20:24(NKJV)
But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

1 Corinthians 9:24(NKJV)
Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 


Galatians 2:1-2(NKJV)
Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me. 
And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain. 

Galatians 5:7(NKJV)
You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 


2 Timothy 4:7(NKJV)
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 


Hebrews 12:1(NKJV)
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 


Lets be overcomers!!
Revelation 2:7(NKJV)
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”’


Revelation 2:11(NKJV)
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.”’


Revelation 2:17(NKJV)
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.”’


Revelation 2:26(NKJV)
And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—


Revelation 3:5(NKJV)
He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.


Revelation 3:12(NKJV)
He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.


Revelation 3:21(NKJV)
To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.


Revelation 21:7(NKJV)
He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 


RUNNERS TAKE YOUR MARK



No comments:

Post a Comment