Monday, July 23, 2012

IMPRINTS

I would define an imprint as; a deep undeniable encounter, THAT IS FOREVER ECTHED IN YOUR MIND.  Those Kodak moments par say good or bad that take up permanent residence.  Webster partly defines “imprint” as to fix firmly in the mind, a lasting influence or effect[i].
Of course I would absolutely prefer to only have those good moments be highlighted in the store house of my mind.  For now let’s just focus on the good.  What are the imprints in your mind that you can recall every so clearly even from childhood?  What is your favorite imprint?
I remember the first time Dan ever kissed me and the “imprint” that it left.  I remember the place, the time and what I was wearing.  Like yesterday I recall him gently placing his hand on the back of my neck and thinking he is messing up my hair.  As we said our vows on our wedding day I know the exact moment he said “I do” and the thoughts that raced through my mind. 
Not only do we have “physical imprints”; we also have “spiritual imprints”.  The first time I realized the Lord was speaking to me I had just dropped my youngest daughter off at pre-school.  I returned home, sat down in the rocker recliner and proceeded to do my devotions.  At this time in my life I was diligently seeking the Lord so desiring to grow spiritually but frustrated that I just did know what to do next.  I began to pray and said; “Lord I am not leaving this chair until I hear from you”.  Wow - the Lord paid me a visit that day and a journey began as He taught me the Holy Word (Bible).  You see I did not have a mentor to show me or teach me how to live for God so the Lord told me what to look up in Bible and gave me understanding of that scripture.  That “imprint” or encounter forever changed my life as a young wife and mother…but it did not stop there.
Since summer has hit I have neglected my blog (sorry) I will try to do better even if sunshine and waterfront is calling my name!
We will be taking a look at some Biblical examples of “imprints”…so check back, until then try to recall the most impacting “imprint” of your life and how it shaped your life.
A true imprint can never be washed away! 


[i] Webster Dictionary and Thesaurus. Nichols Publishing Group, 1999.,421


No comments:

Post a Comment