Monday, April 2, 2012

THE ARMOR ~ Part 4 ~ Shoes

THE ARMOR ~ Part 4 ~ Shoes
Ephesians 6:15 (NLT) For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared

Dan and I normally take a three mile walk every day.  Now I have tried this walk in many different types of shoes and have come to realize the importance of having shoes fitted for my feet.  If I did not choose my shoes wisely I will pay for it; because before I reach my destination my feet will be hurting and I will not be able to focus on anything else but …am I going to make.  I am not a runner but I can assure you if you have a conversation with a runner the most important part of running they will tell you is the shoes. Without the well fitted shoes the runner will not be able to complete the race.

So it is, when we prepare for spiritual battles this is one piece of armor that must be in place.

The sandals of the Roman soldier "often were fitted with nails, or armed with spikes, to make the hold firm in the ground" (Albert Barnes' Notes on the Bible). God's good news and our mission—our marching orders—to preach it serve as our firm foundation. When we truly allow ourselves to take comfort in the good news promised by God, there is nothing from outside ourselves that can trouble our hearts or give us reason to be afraid. Christ has overcome the world (John 16:33), and so we have nothing to fear from it.[i]
What is the good news?  The resurrection power of Jesus Christ. 
Ephesians 2:4-10(NKJV)
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 
even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 
and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 
that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 
not of works, lest anyone should boast. 
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
We are charged to deliver this news and it is only possible if our feet are prepared.

Matthew 28:18-20(NKJV)
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Isaiah 52:7(NKJV)
    How beautiful upon the mountains      Are the feet of him who brings good news,     Who proclaims peace,     Who brings glad tidings of good things,     Who proclaims salvation,     Who says to Zion,     “Your God reigns!”
The Lord gives us a promise;
Psalms 37:23(NKJV)
    The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,      And He delights in his way.
Psalms 119:105(NKJV)
    Your word is a lamp to my feet      And a light to my path.

Mark 16:17-18(NKJV)
And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 
they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Let’s make sure we have put on some well fitted shoes!  We have a race to run and a battle to win!





Ephesians 6:15 New Living Translation (NLT)
15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[a]
Footnotes:
  1. Ephesians 6:15 Or For shoes, put on the readiness to preach the Good News of peace with God.
Ephesians 6:15 Amplified Bible (AMP)
15And having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the [a]firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness [b]produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace.

I apologize for the white highlights that appear in this blog and a few other blogs.  I do not know how or why it happens.  However when the white does occur it does not let me remove it no matter what I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment