Sunday, October 9, 2011

THE BEST PART OF WAKING UP IS...

A few days ago I was endeavoring to think of something cleaver to say for a book signing event that was advertised.  This event was to take place at Disciple Café and I had said; “The best part of waking up is Disciples Café coffee in your cup and reading your copy of WE PROMISE”.  For the next few hours the Lord began to speak to me about my heart.  Every morning I have the same ritual.  As soon as I get out of bed I go directly to the coffee pot and make coffee.  I will do nothing else for the next three minutes while I wait for the coffee to brew.  Then I will sit like a zombie and drink 1-2 cups of coffee while I wake up.  I have walked through this morning habit for at least the last 30 some years. 
The Lord began to impress upon my heart that drinking coffee as soon I get up had become a very important precedence in my life.  I then felt the sweet voice of the Lord say to me; the best part of waking up should be; Jesus fill my cup.  Reflecting upon this I realized I had put the Lord Jesus second and morning devotions were not the first most important part of my day, coffee was (and I long for the black stuff every morning).  I am now challenging myself.  When I get out of bed I will directly go to the Lord Jesus, His Word and spend time in prayer.  Well I have tried this now for two days unsuccessfully.  I would like to say I was wide eyed awake and bushy tailed, I was not and felt I could hardly focus my eyes.  So I reevaluated this issue.  If I am to make time with the Lord the most important step of a new day, I do need to comprehend what I am reading and not fall asleep while I am praying.  The heart is the issue for me.  I recognize just as I yearn for that cup of coffee I should be yearning a whole lot more for that intimate time with the Lord Jesus.  You see, I will have devotions but it is when I want to sit down for a break in my morning. Since being awake is a must in order for me to reap benefit from this time with the Lord then conditioning my heart is the critical link.   I will not give up, and I am excited to see what the Lord will do with this new change in my life!  I hope I will keep my part because the Lord will not fail to show me how this new devotion will impact my life.   Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me (PS. 51:10 NKJV). Who will join me?  Are you up to the challenge?  The Lord Jesus 1st…coffee second, heart change a must.

Psalms 63:1(NKJV) O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.

Is. 26:9 (NKJV)  With my soul I have desired You in the night, Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early;  for when Your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.    
 
2 Chron. 7:14 (NKJV) if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 
Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place. For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually. 
As for you, if you walk before Me as your father David walked, and do according to all that I have commanded you, and if you keep My statutes and My judgments, then I will establish the throne of your kingdom, as I covenanted with David your father, saying, ‘You shall not fail to have a man as ruler in Israel.’
Ps. 84:10-12 (NKJV) For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand.   I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in You!


Psalms 1:1(NKJV) Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.  For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish.



No comments:

Post a Comment