Sunday, June 12, 2011

THIS MAGIC MOMENT

THIS MAGIC MOMENT
We have all had those magical moments we wish we could freeze in time.  I often say; “Kodak moment”.  That special moment hopefully caught on camera as a permanent reminder of a scene which just transpired.  You know this special scene will never replay itself, only in a memory unless you catch it on camera or video.  Now if you have an old digital camera like mine you miss most of those moments because of the delay factor.  Unfortunately no matter what I set my camera for it seems it takes about five seconds between shots. 
When we were raising the girls many times I would pray; “Lord forever etch this in my mind, do not let me ever forget this moment.”
What can we do as married couples to create a magical moment in marriage?  Is it possible to take a moment in time of an ordinary day and make it magical?
The Eyes Have It
The scene:
You are at a gathering.  You and your spouse are in different areas of the room with other people.

The Magical Moment:
Fix your eyes on your spouse.  Be oblivious to your surroundings.  Do not take your eyes off your spouse.  Once your spouse has made eye contact with you…smile slightly and mouth the words:
“I love you, you are so hot.”
Slowly move toward your spouse never breaking eye contact.  Once you have reached your spouse gently slide your arm into theirs.

Song of Songs 1:15(TMSG)
Oh, my dear friend! You’re so beautiful! And your eyes so beautiful—like doves!

And then it happened
It took me by surprise
I knew that you felt it too
By the look in your eyes
By Doc Pomus

 

Have you flirted with your spouse today?

 



No comments:

Post a Comment